The International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) is a registered not-for-profit, non-governmental foundation based in Switzerland. IOF functions as a global alliance of patient societies, research organizations, healthcare professionals and international companies working to promote bone, muscle and joint health. IOF does this by:
- Empowering people to take action to prevent, diagnose and treat bone, muscle and joint disorders
- Campaigning for policy change to make bone, muscle and joint disorders a healthcare priority
- Assisting healthcare professionals to provide the best possible care to people with bone, muscle and joint disorders
- Supporting national osteoporosis societies to maximize their effectiveness in promoting bone, muscle and joint health
The International Osteoporosis Foundation works in 95 locations around the world through its 207 national societies. Our vision is a world where healthy musculoskeletal systems work to prevent fragility fractures.
Visit the IOF website for more information.
The International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) is a multidisciplinary, nonprofit organization that provides a central resource for a number of scientific disciplines with an interest in the assessment of skeletal health. Founded in June of 1993, the Society was the first of its kind worldwide. The ISCD’s mission is to advance excellence in the assessment of skeletal health. As such, The ISCD offers numerous opportunities for participation in our organization, through:
- Comprehensive Educational Courses – in bone densitometry and vertebral fracture assessment (VFA) both Live and Online
- Certification – for both Clinicians: Certified Clinical Densitometrists (CCD), and Technologists: Certified Bone Densitometry Technologists (CBDT).
- Annual Membership- With Member benefits such as Ask an Expert, Case of the Month and access to the Journal of Clinical Densitometry
- And More through our Annual Meeting, Facility Accreditation Programs, Committees, Publications
Visit the ISCD website for more information.